Call to Hispanic/Latino Multicultural PB Artists
This post is an official call to other Hispanic/Latino Picture-Book Artists whose main focus of work is Multicultural Children’s Illustration.
The initial idea was to find an existing group of Hispanic/Latino Children’s Illustrators to network with. Little did I know there was no such group. I looked online with no luck. I asked at Conferences and found the same answer – there’s no such thing. So why not get something started? I can’t be the only person who wants such a group. So here I am posting my call and I hope word gets out and we can get a nice group together.
Group Objectives –
- To create a critique group that understands our culture and so is better able to understand our multicultural illustration work from this perspective.
- To be able to network with talented, like-minded Hispanics and Latinos in our same field of work.
- To create a strong body of work that effectively represents the Hispanic and Latino culture with pride and respect.
People Interested in Being Part of the Group Must Be –
- 1. Of Hispanic/Latino Heritage or with an Interest in representing Hispanic/Latino Culture
- 2. Picture-Book Artists
- 3. Working on Multicultural Books
How the Group Will Work –
- Group members post to our private blog when critique is needed.
- A reply in 24-48 hours is requested from the other members. Brief and sweet works best.
- Projects posted will be work-in-progress PBs so nondisclosure outside of the group is expected.
If you are interested in the participating int the group, all you need to do is post a comment or email me at email@example.com
What are your thoughts and ideas? What do you look for in a Critique Group like this one? I look forward to your comments.